Marketing Your Home Business On A Small Budget

Here you will find Brainstorming Ideas and Motivation to help you sell more AVON, Pampered Chef, Real Estate, Security Systems, Lawn care, or Dental Insurance, whatever it is that makes you happy when you get up in the morning.



I hope this helps you and your business grow.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 32.. Saturday Delivered an order today

Today I delivered an order at a strangers home,
I had spoken to them a few times first, taking the order and when it came in and setting an appointment to deliver it. Yes, I was nervous especially because they spoke Spanish and only one person at their home spoke English. So There I was, I packed up their order, a few different catalogs (clearance, Campaign 18, Mark etc.) samples for them to keep, and lastly a basket. No this is no ordinary basket it kind of looks like a Tan Easter basket and I filled it with Rare Pearl, Far and Away, Skin so soft lotion, 24 hour roll on, coconut and lemongrass shower gel. I arrived at the door and she was so nice she greeted me from her door, which was open, because their air conditioner was broken. It was 90' outside and hotter inside.
As we walked over to the dining room table I noticed how clean their home was and I told her so. She had a beautiful family with three lil boys which appeared to be about one and two years of age and a baby (that was sleeping). Than she introduced me to her mom who appeared to be sweating as she laid across the chair under a ceiling fan. Her mom was so young looking (could have passed for her sister -really) and very pretty. Her mom's boyfriend was also there getting ready for work.

We sat at the dining table going over the products, as they browsed through the catalog. The boyfriend (I don't know his name, sorry) said his sister in-law sells Avon In Puerto Rico and has been for 18 years and makes about $3,000 a month!
Wow that's Awesome and INSPIRES ME! (I hope you too)

He was saying that she had given him some Cologne. We all smelled it, It was nice. Than they found it in the catalog and they ordered some more! the cool thing was it was on special buy one at regular price $17.50 and one for $2.99. So they bought two different ones! Than as we were going thou the samples in my basket they actually bought the 24 hour roll on deodorant right out of my basket! :) ahhh, I didn't think that would happen. They were just samples. :)

the lil boys were being lil boys, because company was there. they were jumping on the dining room table where we were sitting. (but they were cute about it). They even sampled the perfume, so they could smell like mommy. :) Mom expressed to me that she loves perfume, but as we talked I listened to how she really loves the shape and colors of the bottles!

I told her I would order some Spanish catalogs next time so everyone can read them. Than I told her I would drop off some men's cologne samples I had at the house that she wanted to smell.

As I was leaving I realized this visit was so nice I LOVED it!
Selling Avon is for me! This is what I want to do! and I left with a $20 order!

I can't wait to do this again!

1 comment:

  1. just a note, it's spelled Puerto Rico.

    love your blog.

    ReplyDelete