Marketing Your Home Business On A Small Budget

Here you will find Brainstorming Ideas and Motivation to help you sell more AVON, Pampered Chef, Real Estate, Security Systems, Lawn care, or Dental Insurance, whatever it is that makes you happy when you get up in the morning.



I hope this helps you and your business grow.

Sunday, August 2, 2009


ok, I'm STILL up at 1:38am
looking for GREAT Avon information for you...

Here are some reviews I found online you might like to read to inspire you.

make a profit
by avonfromstubby
Nice! Great comments!

I took the new Driven Black cologne (a bottle of it - not the samples) and walked around the office letting guys spritz themselves. Smelled like a disco when they got done but I sold 12 bottles of the stuff! Actually, it smells different on me so I wear it from time to time. My husband just loves it.

I'm thinking of doing this on the next new bottle of women's cologne. Not too many liked the Christian Lacroix for some reason, although personally, I like it. :)

I know it's a long road to riches with AVON but there are too many women out there who are bringing in those $8,000/per campaign commission checks (Diane Smith is one in the Peachtree district - I actually saw her checks for 4 campaigns. Amazing)



Been 6 Months
by daileylife
Just wanted to update everyone sine my last posting. By going by my goals and small but working business plan, I have almost $8,000 in sales and am now Unit leader with 6 members in my downline, with one signing up tomorrow night. Thanks to my last posting, I have recruited a wonderful woman that has almost surpassed me in just a few short months. So if I am not a good enough example of starting a successful business, she is. She has about $4000 in sales and has recruited two into her downline. I have enjoyed my business and if anyone would like to know more, please contact me anytime. No it is not a get rich quick, but like with most other successful and long term businesses. It takes time and effort. But most of all, you have to enjoy and like what you do.


Avon-not the best money maker out there..depends
by daileylife
I believe that hard work pays off in the long run. I have been an AVON rep only for about 3 months. My goal is to run my own business and be successful at it. I set up a business plan before I ever recruited. I budget my spending at the beginning of each campaign. Once I have placed into my cart all my selling supplies and samples, then I set myself a sell goal so that I never have to pay for anything out of another income. I planned in advance to give all my commission up to start my business. I estimated to do this for at a minimum of four months and a maximum of 6 months. Buying a pack of Glazewear Samples is $1.50 per pack. When you sale a Glazewear lipstick (1) at 50% earning then you have paid for your samples. I have a fishing tackle box that I keep samples in so that my customer can browse and pick out what he or she likes rather than drop into an order. I have recruited 4 individuals in two weeks. They were provided with 10 current brochures and 10 future brochures. I also gave them a tip sheet and contact information. At least 5 ways of reaching me. They were each giving about $20 in samples to start off with. I do whatever I can to help them to be successful. Their success is my success. I have not sold less than $500 in any campaign I have been in. I have a total of 93 customers, which about half order every campaign. In my first four campaigns at 50% commission I bought all my sells supplies I would need for an estimated six months. Now all I buy is my books, samples, and one demo per campaign. I budget everything. I now pay my phone bill, my internet service, all the gas for my car, my cell phone. I still walk out with over $100.00 to the good in pocket each campaign. So it depends on what you want out of your business and how much heart you put into succeeding. With one more recruit I become Unit Leader. Avon does offer many opportunities to be successful. If anyone would like to know more about just how successful they can be as an AVON rep contact me anytime, cynthiamdaley@aol.com. This is a Business, not a job. Even though with AVON ADVANTAGE, you get discounts with places like Staples and Dell. You can also purchase Life insurance and health insurance. It is a great opportunity for someone who is in for the long haul.

That Depends on Who you talk to.....
by avonfromstubby
A person signs up for AVON and boom! instant cash! Instant customers! Instant fame and fortune! And very little effort or work to get there! Wow! Fantasy come to life!

Ok, now the reality check. Millionaires will tell you there is no fast-easy to making the kind of money you want to make in any direct-sales industry - AVON, MK, HIG, etc.

If you go in with blinders on, you'll get your feelings hurt pretty quick because you don't have a check coming in from all that "residual money" that the recruiter told you about initially.

Guess they didn't tell you that you have to spend money to make money. Guess they didn't explain that if you don't go to the sales meetings, you don't get a fresh perspective of your own goals. Guess they didn't tell you that your direct sales business was actually a BUSINESS that you would have to manage (keeping on target with your goals) or bring innovative ideas to the table to be considered a useful part of the team.

Guess it's really easy to look at all those direct sales people and critique them without walking a mile in their shoes or even being a part of their team. Guess you thought you'd go through years and years of being a rep and doing the same things over and over again and hoping you'll get somewhere.

If you're in the business, what are you doing to help your team? What are you doing to help your business? If you're in the business, have you made specific goals and are working towards them? Are you sharing them with your team?

Is your family looking at you and saying, "oh, she/he has a nice "hobby" selling this stuff but you don't really make REAL $$ doing it." Do they pat you on the head a lot and toss you a cookie and wait for you to just go away? Do your customers do this to you?

Maybe there's something to not making a load of $ with direct sales. But, for me, that's not the case. I am making money with AVON and I'm keeping track of everything I make and what I'm spending my profits on. I don't buy demos. Why should I? I have an upline or a member of the team that has that demo product so I just borrow theirs in exchange for me helping them toss books one day or going to a craft fair and helping them work their booth. Barter and trade. The less inventory you keep, the less you have to keep up with.

As for not making to full 50% on every item you sell, well, all I have to say is you're only concentrating on items that give you the guaranteed 20% return from AVON. You don't push the 50% items, only the 20% because the 20% is newer or it's a short-term/seasonal item or it's easier to sell because it's cheaper. But consider this..... you have to work MUCH harder to get to the 50% level if you're only selling at the 20% level. You're spinning your wheels because you don't know your product, you don't know your company benefits and you don't know how to sell. I'm no expert but thanks to my team and the AVON training, I'm quickly getting to that expert level. Why? Because I WANT to be there. I don't want to do the same things over and over and over again. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired with my life and my bank account.

If that means I have to step up my attitude, so be it. I'll break the mold that everyone sees in me and do something different. I'll succeed.

But thoughts like that come with thinking you're a leader and not a follower (something different for me, for sure). Thoughts like that come with a promise to yourself that you're not giving up or not going to do things the way you've always done them. (another concept that's alien to me but I'm working to make it my way of life)

And you can't tell me MK, HIG and all the rest are any different. Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt and promptly sold it.



These Opinions are from Epinions.com
If you would like to research more.

No comments:

Post a Comment